Find purpose and make meaningful connections, one story at a time.
REV is a community-first social platform bringing people together with inspiring stories and nurturing communities to create positive impact. More than a social network, it’s The Meaning Network™.
Thank you for joining the Meaning Network. We want REV to be a place where people exemplify the best of humanity — where we can build bridges across what is dividing us, where we can connect people to hope, help and purpose through inspiring stories, meaningful relationships and opportunities to make a positive impact in the world around us.
Every productive community needs to have rules that are followed to ensure a thriving community.
We respectfully request that REV users follow these Meaningful Community Standards which are intended to help your REV community thrive. Users who violate these rules are subject to having access or posting privileges revoked. Group leaders within REV may add onto these REV rules, but they may not take away from these rules.
Each Member of REV is responsible for helping to maintain these Meaningful Community Standards.
There is no algorithm, artificial intelligence or machine learning that can guarantee you an uplifting environment.
Ultimately, it is the responsibility of each of us to police our own and to take pride in the platform and digital community that we are building.
If you see something that violates our rules, please report it using the report flag on the post.
If and when you report something, it is completely anonymous and we will not notify the person you are reporting who flagged them or their content.
In deciding whether someone has violated the rules, we will take into account things like the context and nature of the posted information, the likelihood and severity of actual or potential harms, and applicable laws.
Violating REV Meaningful Community Standards or User Agreement may result in consequences such as account restrictions, limited distribution of your posts and/or suspension of your account. We reserve the right to limit the distribution of any content deemed inappropriate, controversial or in conflict with our Vision, Mission, Purpose or Values.
Encouraged Behavior on REV:
- Be a Plus One — we hope the stories in REV inspire you to make a difference.
- Be Inclusive — we welcome all people of all backgrounds and all beliefs to the community.
- Be Safe — we protect you, your data and your story.
- Be Kind — build deep and meaningful relationships.
- Be Respectful
- Be Authentic — be real, be who you are, and welcome others as they are.
- Be Slow to Anger
Highlights of Prohibited Behavior on REV:
Here are some of the highlights of behavior we do not allow on REV. There is more information about each of these below.
- Being divisive or debating — politics and debates can be discussed all over the internet. Just not here.
- Hate Speech
- Plagiarized Content
- Inflammatory Content
- Threats of Violence or Incitement
- Privacy & Reputation Violations
- Advertising, Promotions or Marketing — selling your goods or services is not part of building REV.
- Being a troll — joining a conversation to start trouble is not allowed here.
- Collecting followers and trying to become famous — REV doesn’t exist for viral fame. We want you to make an impact on the lives you connect with.
- No nudity, inappropriate or incriminating photos
- Restricted Categories
- Related Content
- Paid, Automatic, Bulk or Non-Genuine Interactions
Be a Plus One (+1)
We believe in content + connections that elevate the human experience.
Building a community-first network starts with people who want to make a positive impact. At REV, we call these +1s.
+1 Want to be contributors vs. consumers
+1 Understand micro-actions add up over time to create meaningful moments
+1 Are up to some good
To be “The Meaning Network” we are looking for the +1s to be the driving force behind our community. We invite you to join us and be a +1!
In the meaning network we want +1s to be the driving force behind our community.
What does a +1 look like in action?
- Be proactively involved in the community.
- Read stories and comment in meaningful ways on the stories.
- Share your own stories or pieces of wisdom. (Not sure what to write about, check out our prompts to help get you started.)
- Speak words of life to people in your comments, messages, discussions and updates.
- Take courses in REV to become the best REV Impact Leader and member you can be.
- Invite your friends, families and others in your Tribe(s) to join REV. Growing our community in meaningful ways will lead to more meaningful impact in the world around us.
All +1s also live out the additional standards in REV and in their lives.
REV believes that we are stronger when we come together. There are many different stories represented on REV and we encourage you to do the hard work to read stories that might take you out of your comfort zone.
To that end, we encourage you to read stories that maybe don’t apply to you directly but could help you understand another person better. Reading stories from other people and other perspectives can help you walk a mile in their shoes.
At REV, we welcome all people, no matter their background, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation or economic status are welcome.
No matter how good the intentions of a digital community are, it can never be guaranteed to be 100% safe and secure. There are things that you need to do to ensure that you and your people remain as safe as possible.
Here are some good, common-sense online principles that you should follow on every platform you participate in:
- Use a strong password. The longer it is, the more secure it will be.
- Use a different password for each of your social media accounts.
- Password or FaceID protect your smartphone.
- Be selective with connections requests. If you don’t know the person, be wary about their connection request.
- Click links with caution — even if it is from someone you trust. When in doubt, throw it out. Links in email, tweets, posts and online advertising are often how cybercriminals try to steal your personal information. Even if you know the source, if something looks suspicious, delete it.
- Be careful about what you share. Don’t tell people when you’re not going to be home. Don’t reveal sensitive personal information ie: home address, financial information, phone number. You need to remember that there are bad actors in this world and you need to do all you can to protect you and your family.
- Become familiar with the privacy policies of REV and customize your privacy settings to control who sees what.
- Protect your computer by installing antivirus software to safeguard. Also ensure that your browser, operating system, and software are kept up to date.
- Once posted, always posted. A good rule of thumb to remember is that what you post online stays online. Think twice before posting. While we believe in authenticity and vulnerability, some things are not meant to be shared digitally. Some things are better shared one on one in meaningful ways.
- Be honest if you’re uncomfortable: If a friend posts something about you that makes you uncomfortable or seems inappropriate, let them know. Likewise, stay open minded if a friend approaches you because something you’ve posted makes him or her uncomfortable. People have different tolerances for how much the world knows about them. Respect those differences.
- Know what action to take: If someone is harassing or threatening you, remove them from your Tribe, block them and report them to the site administrator.
- Post only about others as you would have them post about you. The Golden Rule applies online as well.
The world is full of far too much venom and poison. REV is a safe place where people can expect to be valued for who they are.
We expect our REV members to be welcoming and kind to each other.
Sometimes, being kind means going out of your way to welcome the new person, to say something encouraging to someone who might feel left out.
Respect. It’s a powerful word that is not practiced as much as it should be.
What does it mean to respect someone?
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
For those who might not have high expectations of how they’d like to be treated, here are some more specific details on what this looks like.
- If you don’t have something nice to say, keep it to yourself.
- If you feel like there is something that absolutely needs to be corrected, please re-think if it’s actually necessary. If you decide that it is absolutely necessary, please do so in a respectful and kind manner. Remember, that most of the time, your comments are not going to change someone’s heart, but your story just might.
- Don’t call people names. Name calling is counterproductive to the mission we are trying to accomplish here.
- If someone shares a story, let them have space to have that story. You may disagree with their feelings, thoughts or actions, but we are all on this journey together and our hope is that by highlighting positive stories, widely-acknowledged elements of wisdom and interacting with others in meaningful ways, we can encourage others to be their best as well.
- Share grievances in person, not on REV. If there is something going on that you don’t like, bring it up with that person in a respectful manner in person if at all possible. If it continues, elevate it up to REV and our Community Management Team will help resolve the situation. But don't air your frustrations out on the platform for all to see. That is something we consider bad form.
Ultimately, any long-lasting positive change we want to make in this world (e.g. ending racism, ending generational poverty, strengthening families and improving communities) will come through heart change. We believe that hearts can change through stories that highlight wisdom, break down barriers and destroy stigmas and that lead to meaningful relationships. Respecting each other is key to heart change.
Keep It Clean
The Meaning Network is NOT a place for explicit or lewd content or behavior, gratuitous cussing or propagating of sexually charged content. Don’t do it. Period.
Respect People’s Content and Ideas
If it’s not yours, then don’t pretend it is. If you don’t have permission to share it, then don’t share it. If you do share it with permission, make sure you credit the source.
Respect REV's Rights As Well
If you’re going to participate in our platform, please make sure you are following our User Agreement and these Meaningful Community Standards.
Do not imply that you are affiliated with or endorsed by REV if you are not. Do not violate our intellectual property rights. Do not attempt to hack or violate the REV platform in any way.
Be Slow to Anger
We ask everyone to operate in grace and peace for each other. We encourage everyone to assume the best of intentions for everyone else and try to not be easily offended.
If someone posts something that offends you, we respectfully ask that you:
- Seek to truly understand.
- Be slow to anger and slow to speak, quick to listen.
- Right the wrongs and point out where missteps occur - in love.
We can and will form a better way of interacting with each other online than what we’ve seen in current social networks. It’s not important to make everyone believe the same things we believe. We don’t need to prove people wrong. Rather, let’s focus on building relationships with others.
Prohibited Behavior and Prohibited Content
REV discourages the posting of anything that violates our Meaningful Community Standards, Vision, Mission or Values. But we strictly prohibit the following types of content or behavior.
**Please note that this list is not exhaustive and will continuously be updated to reflect any changes brought on by the unending surprises caused by some user behaviors.
For each of these behaviors, when we talk about “content,” we mean not only posts but also any other feature that allows you to add your own text or media. When we talk about “interactions,” we mean any feature that allows one user to interact with another, or with a post.
- Bullying, threatening, or shaming someone, or posting things likely to encourage others to do so
- Using REV features like responses, private notes, mentions, follows, story requests, or writer requests in a way intended to annoy or harass someone
- We do not allow content that promotes violence or hatred against people based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity.
- We do not allow posts or accounts that glorify, celebrate, downplay, or trivialize violence, suffering, abuse, or deaths of individuals or groups. This includes the use of scientific or pseudoscientific claims to pathologize, dehumanize, or disempower others. We do not allow calls for intolerance, exclusion, or segregation based on protected characteristics, nor do we allow the glorification of groups which do any of the above.
- We do not allow hateful text, images, symbols, or other content in your username, profile, or bio.
- Don’t post something as yours if it isn’t. If you share something on REV, give credit where credit is due.
- We do not allow content that is intended to excite anger, disorder, or seditious behavior.
Threats of Violence or Incitement:
- We do not allow content or actions that threaten, encourage, or incite violence against anyone, directly or indirectly.
Privacy and Reputation:
REV does not permit any of the following:
- Posting copies of private communications between private individuals without the explicit consent of all parties to the communication
- Doxing, which includes not only private or obscure personal information but also the aggregation of publicly available information to target, shame, blackmail, harass, intimidate, threaten, or endanger
- Posting intimate or explicit images
- Content that violates others’ privacy, including sensitive or confidential information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, non-public phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, or other non-public information
We do not allow spam on REV. All spam will be immediately removed from REV, without notification. While it is hard to define this content with precision or completeness, here are some representative behaviors we look for that are characteristic of spam:
- Posting content primarily to drive traffic to, or increase the search rankings of, an external site, product, or service
- Scraping and reposting content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains
- Posting duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts
- Stories where the content is clipped with the sole purpose of linking to the rest of the article on a different website
- Performing a disproportionately large number of interactions, particularly by automated means. This includes bulk, indiscriminate interactions, such as following of other accounts (follow spam) clapping, highlighting, or leaving notes
- Repeatedly using responses or other interactions as a method of promotion
- Participating in bounty campaigns or brigades to artificially inflate rankings for posts, accounts, businesses, or products
- Use or re-use content templates with slight modifications across multiple posts and accounts
Ads, Promotions, and Marketing
- No Ads, Promotions or Marketing for services or individuals is allowed.
- Paid posting with or without links to external or third-party sites for is prohibited.
- Affiliate, multi-level and influencer posts are also prohibited
- Individuals, groups or any other means for posting ad-related content will be reviewed and the account and/or group could be suspended or removed permanently.
- Third-party advertising and sponsorships are not allowed. You may not advertise or promote third-party products, services, or brands through REV posts, publications, or letters. This includes images that indicate brand sponsorship in a post or letter, or as part of a publication name or logo.
- Images functioning as third-party ads are not allowed. Inline images or embeds that link out and function as banner ads for third-party brands are not allowed.
- Multi-level marketing content is not allowed.
We do not allow posts or accounts that engage in the following restricted categories of activity:
- Promotion of harmful conspiracies
- Facilitation of gambling or betting
- Facilitation of buying or selling social media interactions, including off-platform
- Facilitation of any sexual services
- Facilitation of copyright violation
We do not allow posts or accounts that engage in on-platform, off-platform, or cross-platform campaigns of targeting, harassment, hate speech, violence, or disinformation. We may consider off-platform actions in assessing a REV account, and restrict access or availability to that account.
Paid, automatic, bulk, or non-genuine interactions
REV depends on various user behaviors — like follows and likes— to determine what content to feature and make the site work well for everyone. So, we don’t allow artificial behaviors that skew this system and as a result degrade or distort other users’ experiences. This includes:
- Buying, selling, or trading in accounts or account interactions — including follows, likes, comments or other traffic
- Using services, apps, or arrangements that offer you more follows, likes, or other interactions on your REV account or content
- Registering accounts, posting content, or interacting with users or content automatically, systematically, or programmatically
Copyright and trademark infringement
Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. Unless you’re authorized to use someone else’s copyrighted work or trademark (either expressly or by legal exceptions and limitations like fair use), don’t do it. We respond to notices of alleged infringement as described in our User Agreement, Copyright, and Trademark Policy.
We do not allow deceptive conduct on REV. This includes:
- Posting content or impersonating a person or organization in a way likely to deceive people.
- Using REV for phishing or fraud. Don’t use tags, links, titles, or other metadata in a misleading way. Don’t link to or embed malicious or harmful code or software in your posts.
- Don’t use deception to generate revenue or traffic.
- We do not allow pornographic images or videos. We do allow erotic writing and non-graphic erotic images.
- We do not allow gratuitously graphic or disturbing media, even if it’s not pornographic.
- Exploitation of minors
- We do not allow content promoting the sexual or violent exploitation of minors, including the sexualization of fictional minors.
- Promotion and glorification of self-harm
- We do not allow activities that encourage, promote or glorify acts of self-harm, such as cutting, eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia, and suicide. If you encounter users contemplating or threatening self-harm, please report it to us via the form or email address linked below.
How to report a violation
If you find a post or account on REV that violates these rules, please report it. You can submit a ticket with our support team to provide more detail or to report other conduct you believe violates our rules.
If you break the rules
We strive to be fair, but we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, or community without refund for service fees paid. If you attempt to evade suspension by creating new accounts or posts, we will suspend your new accounts and posts without refund for service fees paid.
Upon investigating or disabling content associated with your account, we will notify you, unless we believe your account is automated or operating in bad faith, or that notifying you is likely to cause, maintain or exacerbate harm to someone.
If you believe your content or account has been restricted or disabled in error, or believe there is relevant context we were not aware of in reaching our determination, you can submit a ticket with our support team.. We will consider all good faith efforts to appeal.
Government Takedown Requests
If REV receives a request from a government actor to restrict access to content associated with your account, we will notify you unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others. Where applicable, we will work to limit legally-ordered content restrictions to jurisdictions where we have a good faith belief that we are legally required to restrict the content. REV submits to the Lumen database government requests to restrict access to content (redacted where appropriate to protect privacy or prevent harm to a person).
We may enforce, or not enforce, these policies at our sole discretion. These policies don’t create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act.