Effective January 17, 2021
Our mission is to connect the world to meaningful relationships, practical resources for hope, help and purpose, and to inspire people to make a positive impact in the world around them.
Our platform and services are designed to promote the sharing of wisdom,
Safe place to…
You agree that by clicking “Join Now”, “Join REV”, “Sign Up” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with REV (even if you are using our Services on behalf of an organization). If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User Agreement”), do not click “Join Now” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this contract, at any time you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Services.
This Contract applies to Tribalapp.com, REV-branded apps, REV Learning and other REV-related sites, apps, communications and other services that state that they are offered under this Contract (“Services”), including the offsite collection of data for those Services. Registered users of our Services are “Members”.
You are entering into this Contract with REV (also referred to as “we” and “us”).
When you register and join the REV Services, you become a Member. As a member, you agree to the Username Policy.
2.1 Service Eligibility
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16.
To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the “Minimum Age” (described below) or older; (2) you will only have on REV account, which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by REV from using the Services. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16.
“Minimum Age” means 16 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for REV to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including use of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such an older age.
2.2 Your Account
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) use a strong password and keep it confidential; (2) not transfer any part of your account (e.g. connections) and (3) follow the law and our list of Do’s and Don’ts and our Meaningful Community Standards. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
As between you and others (including your employer), your account belongs to you. However, if the Services were purchased by another party for you to use (e.g. your employer bought you a license), the party paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such paid Service; however, they do not have rights to your personal data.
If you choose to join as a paid Member of REV after your trial period or buy any of our paid Services (“Premium Services”), you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes specific to the paid Services. Also, you agree that:
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
- We may store and continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your Services and to use to pay other Services you may buy.
- If you purchase a subscription, your payment method automatically will be charged at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable to that period. To avoid future charges, cancel before the renewal date. Learn how to cancel or suspend your account.
2.4 Notices and Messages
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, stories, group posts, updates, links to stories or articles and messages. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members or others (including off of the Services). Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g. message content to your addresses only, sharing content only to your REV connections, restricting your profile visibility to your REV connections only, or opting not to notify others of your REV profile updates).
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Services and can remove it with or without notice.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1 Your License to REV
As between you and REV, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services, and you are only granting REV and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process, information and content that you provide through our Services and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- If you use a Service feature, we may mention that with your name or photo to promote that feature within our Services, subject to your settings.
- While we may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating or transcribing it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, including under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
- If you opt-in to the REV Content Distribution program, you grant us permission to share your stories and promote the content throughout the entire REV Service and related applications or websites. For further details, see the Content Distribution Agreement.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to REV, you agree that REV can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. REV may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3.2 Service Availability
We may change, suspend or discontinue any of our Services. We may also modify our prices effective prospectively upon reasonable notice to the extent allowed under the law.
3.3 Other Content, Sites and Apps
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. REV does review content provided by members and others, but you agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let connections and followers know you or your organization have been mentioned in any updates. Members have choices about this feature.
REV may help connect Members offering their services (coaching, counseling, mentorship, etc.) with Members seeking services. REV does not perform nor employs individuals to perform these services. You must be at least 18 years of age to offer, perform or procure these services. You acknowledge that REV does not supervises, direct, control or monitor Members in the performance of these services and agree that (1) REV is not responsible for the offering, performance or procurement of these services, (2) REV does not endorse any particular Member’s offered services, and (3) nothing shall create an employment, agency or joint venture relationship between REV and any Member offering services. If you are a Member offering services, you represent and warrant that you have all the required licenses and will provide services consistent with our Meaningful Community Standards.
Similarly, REV may help you register for and/or attend events organized by Members and connect with other Members who are attendees at such events. You agree that (1) REV is not responsible for the conduct of any of the Members or other attendees at such events, (2) REV does not endorse any particular event listed on our Services, (3) RIBAL does not review and/or vet any of these events, and (4) that you will adhere to these terms and conditions that apply to such events.
REV reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. REV reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if you breach this Contract or the law or are misusing the Services (e.g. violating any of the Do’s and Don’ts or Meaningful Community Standards).
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights
REV reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. REV and all REV logos and other REV trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of REV.
3.6 Automated Processing
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No Warranty
REV AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND PROVIDE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, REV AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
4.2 Exclusion of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (AND UNLESS REV HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS CONTRACT), REV, INCLUDING ITS AFFILIATES, WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION (E.G., OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS), LOSS OF DATA (E.G., DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT) OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
REV AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR ANY AMOUNT THAT EXCEEDS (A) THE TOTAL FEES PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO REV FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF THIS CONTRACT, IF ANY, OR (B) US $1000.
4.3 Basis of the Bargain; Exclusions
The limitations of liability in this Section 4 are part of the basis of the bargain between you and REV and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, contract and law) even if REV or its affiliates has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.
These limitations of liability do not apply to liability for death or personal injury or for fraud, gross negligence or intentional misconduct, or in cases of negligence where a material obligation has been breached, a material obligation being such which forms a prerequisite to our delivery of services and on which you may reasonably rely, but only to the extent that the damages were directly caused by the breach and were foreseeable upon conclusion of this Contract and to the extent that they are typical in the context of this Contract.
Both you and REV may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Services;
- Sections 4, 6, 7, and 8.2 of this Contract;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
You can visit our Help Center to close your account.
6. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
This section shall not deprive you of any mandatory consumer protections under the law of the country to which we direct Services to you, where you have your habitual residence. If you live in the Designated Countries:
For others outside of Designated Countries, including those who live outside of the United States: You and REV agree that the laws of the State of Alabama, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and/or the Services. You and REV both agree that all claims and disputes can be litigated only in the federal or state courts in Madison County, Alabama, USA, and you and REV each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
7. General Terms
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.
This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don't act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that REV has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that REV may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
8. REV “Dos and Don’ts”
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile; and
- Use the Services in a meaningful, uplifting and inspiring manner.
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on REV, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or indirectly through third parties (such as search engines) without the consent of REV;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of REV, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “REV” or our logos in any business name, email or URL;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by REV without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited REV partner);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without REV consent;
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Services, without LinkedIn’s consent;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring a post or story included on the Services);
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g. spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Violate the Meaningful Community Standards or any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service.
9. Complaints Regarding Content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We provide a policy and process for complaints concerning content posted by our Members.
10. How to Contact Us
For general information and inquiries, you may contact us online. For legal notices or service of process, you may write us at this address. (REV - PO Box 2843, Huntsville AL 35804)